SACE Credits: Maximum 55
Who is this course for?
This course is for students who have a background and interest in music and wish to pursue a career in the music industry as a performer. Aspects of Industry include:
- performance solo/ensemble
- song writing
- working effectively in the music industry
Experience on a musical instrument is expected.
What will I learn?
- develop technical skills in performance
- develop ensemble skills
- develop and apply aural perception skills
- prepare effectively for performances
- examine current trends in the music industry
- compose simple songs or musical pieces
- work effectively in the music industry
- incorporate music technology into performance
How will I be assessed?
To demonstrate successful attainment of the required skills and knowledge, assessment for some units will require participation in organised ensemble rehearsals and performances on campus or other venues.
Successful completion of the full Certificate is not possible without the structured workplace learning component of the course.
You will also provide evidence of the required skills and knowledge through:
- written tasks
- work simulation scenarios