Who is this course for?
Music is designed for school based, college based, or home-schooled students who wish to gain a general overview of Music.
- the development of an understanding of the elements of music
- it’s role in society
- the use of tools and ICT processes
- the development of performance and instrumental skills.
Students are encouraged to learn an instrument, and participate in either school or community ensembles available to them. Limited instrumental music lessons provided by the DECD Instrumental Music Program (IMP) are available through the college.
What will I learn?
You will explore music as an art form through listening, composing and performing with the use of online learning tools and applications.
How will I be assessed?
The Music learning programs are aligned to meet the Music Achievement Standards as outlined in the Arts Australian Curriculum. You will be assessed based on:
- music performance
- understanding and application of music theory
- demonstrating your understanding of how the elements of music are used to communicate meaning in the music you listen to, compose and perform.